Friday, October 15, 2010

I Can 31 for 21 Day 15


Life is precious!  Life is short!  Life needs to be lived! 

The last few months have seemed to be filled with sad news and more sad news.  Too many cancer diagnosis to count for too many families.  Too many people having to watch their loved ones suffer through the pain.  These are not news stories on the TV these are my extended family and close friends struggling every day to see God's plan in the pain they feel. 

I hate watching those I love have to go through these things.  I wish I had profound things to say that could make the grief easier.  It seems that I'm saying I'm sorry all too often.  I'm sorry you have to go thru this, I'm sorry that you have to deal with that, I'm sorry your loved one is dying.  I wish I'm sorry was enough. 

I wish I could wiggle my nose and make it all go away.  I can't.  I can learn my lessons from watching these stories unfold.  I can forgive and not hold grudges.  I can try harder to be a good friend.  I can reach out to those that are down and need some encouragement.  I can say a prayer each day for all of my friends and family who are discouraged and ill.

 I can refuse to be paralysed with fear.  I will not let fear of losing my loved ones stop me from loving.  I will not let fear stop me from living my life. 





2 comments:

  1. I think the feeling of not being able to help is the work part. MOM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from those that stop by. If you don't have a blogger account just choose Anonymous - but don't forget to leave your name in the text of your comment.