Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Foot Print 31 for 21 Day 26


I went on search of a great story to share this evening and found this beautiful story.  I'm not sure of its original source and I'm going to believe its true because I needed an warm fuzzy story today.  Today I gathered with my entire family once again to say good bye to a loved one.  We celebrated the life of my Aunt Doris.  It was a beautiful service and we shared good memories.   My heart broke as I watched my Uncle Jim kiss his wife of 60 years goodbye.    With all of the illness and loss in my family the last few months I have thought a lot about the footprint I'm leaving in this world.  I want to live a life where those around me can see my faith in God and not only during the good times, where my love for my family is clearly visible and my friends know how much they bring to my life.  I promise to work on these things each day. 

 Reading the story below is just one more reminder of important things in life. 


A few years ago at the Seattle Special Olympics, nine contestants, all physically or mentally disabled, assembled at the starting line for the 100-yard dash. At the gun they all started out, not exactly in a dash, but with the relish to run the race to the finish and win. All, that is, except one boy who stumbled on the asphalt, tumbled over a couple of times, and began to cry. The other eight heard the boy cry. They slowed down and paused. Then they all turned around and went back. Every one of them. One girl with Down  syndrome bent down and kissed him and said, “This will make it better.” Then all nine linked arms and walked together to the finish line. Everyone in the stadium stood, and the cheering went on for 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. That wasn't quite fair given my emotional state of mind this evening. I choose to believe it's true too!
    I'm sorry about your aunt, your family has had such a challenging time...I'm gonna toss out a Pollyanna and say I'm thankful they were finally able to figure out what's going on with your dad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from those that stop by. If you don't have a blogger account just choose Anonymous - but don't forget to leave your name in the text of your comment.