Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 5 31 for 21 2013

Down Syndrome Creed

Author unknown



 

My face may be different,

But my feelings the same.

I laugh and I cry,

And I take pride in my gains.

I was sent here among you,

To teach you to love.

As God in the heavens

Looks down from above.

To Him I am no different.

His love knows no bounds.

It's those here among you,

In cities and towns,

That judge me by standards

That man has imparted.

But this family I've chosen

Will help me get started.

For I'm one of the children,

So special and few,

That came here to learn

The same lessons as you.

That is acceptance,

It comes from the heart.

We all have the same purpose,

Though not from the start.

The Lord gave me life,

To live and embrace,

And I'll do it as you do

But at my own pace.


2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from those that stop by. If you don't have a blogger account just choose Anonymous - but don't forget to leave your name in the text of your comment.