Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Addendum to yesterday's post

I've been thinking about this all day and it is driving me crazy. I bragged a lot about my nanny Christina, which I do adore. What has been bothering me though is that I have somehow implied that I had less than wonderful childcare in the past. It has actually been the opposite. Over the years I have had two of my closest friends watching the boys at different times. Both Jamie and Angie have taken care of my kiddos like their own. They love on them and care for them wonderfully. I can't even tell you how many fun things Rex has been able to take part in because either Jamie or Angie was willing to take him a long to join in. He was taken to swimming lessons with Angie's kiddos a couple of summers ago, to dinosaur class and countless trips to the park. I have some amazing friends that have always been there for me. I'm not sure what I would have done over the years with out them. I owe them tons and tons for being great friends but it always continues to amaze me that I can call last minute begging for a favor and they both will always take my kiddos. Plus all of our kids have become great friends.

The part of my day that is less stressful with Christina is that she comes to my home. This is the first time we have paid for in home childcare. It saves the kids and myself almost an hour in the car before work allows them to stay in bed that much longer. Since I am not a morning person in the slightest this is the greatest thing ever. I think Rex would agree, since we haven't a screaming fit over putting socks on in months and months.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from those that stop by. If you don't have a blogger account just choose Anonymous - but don't forget to leave your name in the text of your comment.