Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kicking off 35!

Yesterday was my 35th birthday and I enjoyed the heck out of it and plan to keep enjoying it clear thru the weekend and possible thru next weekend.  One just never knows how long this celebration will last.  I had lots of loves and hugs from my boys and if you've ever heard Riley say Happy Birthday you'll understand why it makes my heart smile too.  He loves birthdays and I'm pretty sure its because of the cake.  Can't blame him on that one.  Justin brought home red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and WOW they were yummy.  I didn't do so well with eating healthy yesterday but it was delicious and I don't feel one ounce of guilt.  Birthdays only come once a year and they need to be celebrated.  Our amazing babysitter helped Riley make me a card.  They used Riley's hand prints as the blooms on a field of flowers.  It was super cute waiting for me when i got home from work.  Riley and I have been arguing about the balloon today.  He is pretty sure it is his and doesn't believe me when I tell him its mine.  NO MOM Riley's BALLOON he tells me.  When I remind him he gave it to me for my birthday he looks at me and says NO Riley's. 

I remember back to high school when I was in the Miss Reardan pageant.  Insert giggle now.  I was the 2nd Princess in the Miss Reardan contest.  I'll dig out a picture of that sometime but really what I was thinking about was the interview portion of the evening when they asked me what I thought my life would be like in 10 or 15 years.  I don't remember my answer exactly but it was pretty generic about going to college and having a family and being an active member of my community.  (no world peace answers for me) While I've checked those items off my to do list life has become so much more.  I don't think I could have possibly ever imagined what my life truly would be and while it isn't glamorous I love it!

I certainly wouldn't have imagined picking up my very own CPAP machine the night before my 35th birthday.  I'm not completely sure I can imagine it now and I've done it.  Over the past month I've completed a sleep study and learned that I have fairly severe sleep apnea.  I guess I have to stop blaming the boys for me being exhausted all the time.  I am trying to get used to sleeping with what feels like a wind storm blowing up my nose.  The first day I woke up feeling like my nostrils were permanently flared.  I spent most of the day rubbing my nose and feeling a bit like a character in a movie that had just done a line of coke in the bathroom.   Last night I switched out the nose piece for the smaller pillows (I love that they call what I wear nasal pillows)  turned up the humidifier and things went a bit better.  Well until about 5am when I woke up with water in my nose.  I'm pretty sure my REM star Plus was trying to drown me in my sleep.  I'm hoping night three is the charm.  I could use a good nights sleep. 

35 is off to a good start and I plan to make it a good one.

2 comments:

  1. Well that got my giggle on! Nose pillows...That's awesome!

    I've got to say, I'm a little disappointed that there's not a picture of the card or something!

    Hope the party's still going! I say the bigger the birthday, the longer the celebration. (As evidenced by Christine's - I swear - month long celebration when she turned 30).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mary!!!!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from those that stop by. If you don't have a blogger account just choose Anonymous - but don't forget to leave your name in the text of your comment.