Monday, May 24, 2010

Is it time to retire...

Well I wish that was in real life but really I'm considering retiring from the blog world.  I'm feeling like it might be time to close this chapter.  I use my facebook to share pictures with families and friends and just because I don't write my own doesn't mean I can't read all of yours :-)  I'm ok with being a cyber stalker commenter.

I've been thinking a lot lately like this a boring place to visit.  It all started as a way for me to share my world and the adventures of Hurricane Riley.  I am in such a different place than I was almost two years ago and I'm not twisted in knots of depression and craziness.  Riley is funny but not very exciting.  We don't have day to day struggles. Yes, he does have Down syndrome but he is way more typical than not.

I think I've lost my bloggy way.  I don't write the crazy of my life because I'm really not near as crazy as I used to be.  My kids are healthy other than the buugs that the pollen is causing all of us.  I don't have any drama, no one has attacked my parenting skills in almost a year.  Overall life is pretty dull.  Oh do I love it that way.  I am enjoying puttering around in our little world and watching Rex become a confident reader ready to jump into second grade and helping Riley explore his world.   

So just as I talk myself into closing up shop I get a funny shot of Riley that I really should share.  He enjoyed a few Oreo cookies with Rex this evening.  YUMMY









Not sure if any of this makes sense even to me. I guess part of it stems from the fact that I don't want to have to be a Down syndrome advocate. Don't get me wrong I'm not going to hide Riley away or not talk about Down syndrome I just don't want to feel like if I'm not seeking to interact with every family that has been impacted by Ds that I have some how not done my part to be educated on what is best for Riley.  I hate that as Justin and I worked to choose which school would be best for Riley that I thought about a single other thing that what was best for Riley.  I don't want to loose track of whats best for Riley because I'm busy advocating for inclusion and equal opportunities for everyone with Ds.  As a mom I will always advocate for what is best for my boys and simply what is best for them. 

So who knows if Hurricane Riley and His Big Brother Rex will continue since I've been known to change my mind over and over again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh bummer. I understand what you are saying though. I wonder if I have enough to say on my blog too. I also wonder if it takes up too much of my time that should be spent doing other things. You just have to do what's best for you and your family. Just because you aren't blogging doesn't mean you aren't an advocate for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get it Mary. you have to do what's best for you. I'm just glad we're friends on FB already! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from those that stop by. If you don't have a blogger account just choose Anonymous - but don't forget to leave your name in the text of your comment.