Monday, October 19, 2009

The World is your mirror........

Get It Down; 31 for 21


The world is your mirror and your mind is a magnet. What you perceive is in this world is largely a reflection of your own attitudes and beliefs. Life will give you what you attract with your thoughts. Think, act and talk negatively and your world will be negative. Think and act and talk with enthusiasm and you will attract positive results. -- Michael LeBeuf

Wow don't know how this quote ended up in my email box today but it couldn't be a more perfect explanation.  This last year has been a struggle for me.  My close friends, family and regular blog readers know that it has been a struggle to gain control over depression, hormones and my life in general.  I have been trying really hard to make my life what I want it to be and think about what it can be.  I'm tired of being tired and negative but it is such an easy cycle to get into.  It is hard to explain to people who have never dealt  with depression, but for those of you how have walked in these shoes you know how easy it is to blame others for the things in your life.  Back in January I set a goal to make my self more healthy both physically and mentally and I've made some progress in these areas.  Not near enough but progress.   Read original post  I think one of the biggest things I have learned as I have worked toward being healthy is that I'm 100% responsible for my own happiness.  I make the choices that impact my happiness every single day.   I choose how engaged I am in my marriage,  how strict I am with diet and exercise and I choose how I spend my time and who I surround myself with.  So here's to more enthusiasm and positive results

4 comments:

  1. Mary, i have to say -- this is the first time i've ever blogged in my life. I loved your post..it was very real and raw. I liked that about it. I'm starting to feel that there are a lot of us going through similar things. I'm searching for happiness and acceptance in myself every day. I did go through postpartum depression with Cody and didn't figure it out until it was fading away. It's so hard to explain but I know it was there. You are a beautiful woman with a beautiful family!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote. I have something close to that on my kitchen wall. I too can get trapped in the negative cycle. I would say give yourself a little slack if you can't do it all at once. We lead busy lives and sometimes that effects how much we can do. Love yourself even if you can't get it all done, cause your worth it. ps.Have you ever tried natural products to give you a boost in the mood department...it works well for many:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been there too and it's so hard. Great quote to think about today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny, one of my favorite quotes that I actually shared with another friend just today, "Happiness is not a present someone else holds in their hands, it must come from within."
    Hugs,
    K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from those that stop by. If you don't have a blogger account just choose Anonymous - but don't forget to leave your name in the text of your comment.