Sunday, October 23, 2016

31 Days of Down syndrome Awareness - Day 23



Roxy thought this was a great place to hide this afternoon.  It was a busy day and I wish I could curl up and hide too.  I thought we finally had a sitter all lined up for Riley that he would love and she let me know this morning that she found a full time job.  Great for her but I am seriously frustrated with this search for childcare.  I never imagined it would be this difficult to find someone.

We spent  time at Gonzaga Prep's open house learning about what school could look like for Rex next year.  I've heard from lots of people that he he really needs to go to Prep.  We leaning that way but anyone out there in cyber land have just a typical student and that went to Prep and thrived.  I hear tons about the 4.0 taking a ton of honors but what about a regular student.  Don't get me wrong he isn't a bad student just not an enthusiastic one.    Obviously he's super excited about their football and baseball programs and the idea of being  part of those, but his mom is a bit more interested in his academics.    If that money tree I planted would start growing this wouldn't be such a challenging decision.

I think the fact that Riley was pretty much a stinker all day just makes it harder.  Its hard to focus on the details when you patience level is wearing thin.   Some days I just wish it was easier to take him places or at least the chance that you could take him places and not listen to him complain the entire time.  I feel like putting a sign on him that says "talk to him at your own risk"  He might bite, yell or insult you.  If your feels get hurt easily back away from the angry elf.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from those that stop by. If you don't have a blogger account just choose Anonymous - but don't forget to leave your name in the text of your comment.