Tuesday, October 18, 2016

31 Days of Down syndrome Awareness - Day 18






Tonight we celebrated my new job with my old office crew.   It was a great evening with really awesome people that I will always call friends.  I would highly suggest the book Bad Little Children's Books to my most inappropriate of friends.   Laughed until it hurt and then laughed some more.  I am going to miss this fabulous group of people!  

I am super excited about my new position  I have taken skills from all of my previous work and combined them with a whole lot of life experience and am now working as a Case Resource Manager for the Developmental Disability Administration.  I have lots to learn but I feel like this is going to be a really great fit for me.  Plus the insurance benefits are awesome and that makes  me super happy.  

One of the best things I have learned from working in a psychologist office is the official term for drinking with friends and laughing until it hurts.  Self care!  This is a great description for any time you need to recharge you parental batteries and hang out with grown ups.  All parents need to do this but especially parents of children with special needs.  All joking aside self care is critical.  You can quickly lose perspective if you never step outside your small little world and see that others travel similar paths.  Find joy in laughing at yourself and the crazy antics of our kids.  They are amazing little humans but it is exhausting work being a parent.  So take a break once in while and share a meal with friends and laugh.  It is good for your soul and you parenting skills.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from those that stop by. If you don't have a blogger account just choose Anonymous - but don't forget to leave your name in the text of your comment.