Thursday, October 1, 2015

Down Syndrome Awareness 2015


I didn't plan on participating in the 31 for 21 Challenge this year but I had some special inspiration this week so hold on to your hats my friends October is bound to provide some entertainment.   Again this year I"ll post each day in the month of October in honor of Riley and that  extra 21st chromosome. 

Hard to believe that this kiddo will turn 9 in November.  Those first months and years were scary and crazy and amazing all wrapped up in a hormonal emotional crazed bow.  I could barely process the fact that I had a child with Down syndrome much less think past those first days and months.  



Fast forward 9 years and I sat at the table helping Riley with his homework tonight.  He is learning how to multiply.  You read that correctly.  He is learning multiplication!!!!   That is certainly not something I ever could have imagined before.  


As we travel through the month October I'll share information about Down syndrome, myths and truth, and I hope you will find that Riley and our family is more like yours that you ever imagined.  We may have a snitch more fun and likely more trophies than you so join us as we laugh our way through the 31 for 21 challenge. 

Riley loved his walk down the red carpet at this year's Step UP for Down syndrome walk.  He enjoys a good trophy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from those that stop by. If you don't have a blogger account just choose Anonymous - but don't forget to leave your name in the text of your comment.