Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Come be a crackpot with me!

An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.
One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.
At the end of the long walks from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.
For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water.
Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments.
But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do.
After two years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream.
'I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house.'
The old woman smiled, 'Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?'
'That's because I have always known about your flaw,
so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them.'
For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table.
Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house.'
Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding...

You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

SO, to all of my cracked pot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path!

My mom forwarded this email on to me and I love it. I may not know where this email originated from or who wrote the cute story but there is no guessing where my cracked sense of humour came from. Talk abut a couple of crack pots.

My mom and I tried to have a jewelry party this weekend. Mom had suggested it to help out a long time family friend that is getting started with her business but mom thought it would be great to have it in town and invite more of my friends since mom lives about 30 mins out of town and most of the neighbors have already been to a party. So the deal was mom was going to bring the food/wine and I'd get the house ready and invite all my friends. I so came out ahead on that deal :-) So I forced Justin to mow the lawn and I managed to clean off the deck and chairs so it wasn't embarrassing to have people over and mom arrived with the food. We were all ready for the party... and then the guests arrived and we poured the wine and continued to wait for our jewelry expert. Ya know the lady with the jewelry to show us. As we discovered later mom and Liz had a little miscommunication that was complicated by Liz being out of cell range and us worrying a bit about her being stranded or injured in her car. The night was still a huge success. Seriously does it get better than sitting around with a group of funny ladies eating and drinking the evening away. My mom and her friends are hysterical, and my friends and I have some pretty funny stories to share ourselves.  Since we didn't have Liz to show us all the cool jewelry mom whipped out a black table cloth from her magic staff and we displayed the one necklace and earrings that she had purchased at a previous party.  It was a stunning display! I even modeled the lovely piece.  Watch out Vanna White I'm coming for your job. 

 It was a great evening and I was able to see some friends I hadn't seen in ages. I have the greatest mom and friends ever!

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Your boys are handsome, cute and adoreble. Riley is an amazing, inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease and love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this would you mind if I use this on my blog in the future:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from those that stop by. If you don't have a blogger account just choose Anonymous - but don't forget to leave your name in the text of your comment.