Thursday, September 30, 2010

No Fairy Tales here


Its that time of year again and I'm getting ready for the 31 for 21 challenge.  Starting tomorrow October 1st I'll be posting every day in honor of Down syndrome Awareness month. It is a small thing that I can do in honor of Riley. I hope you enjoy and come to visit often.  I'm sure this month will go by quickly and I'll be very motivated to post every day because of all the great comments you all will be leaving. 

Not every day will be a post about Down syndrome in fact most may not be.   When this blog started it was a way for me to write for myself and journal my journey and an outlet for stress.  I have discovered that writing can be very calming for me.  It seems I am a bit better at organizing my written words than I am my with my outside voice and so I continue to use this journal as a way to sort out my emotions and thoughts. I started this blog in September 2008 just so I could join in on the 31 for 21 challenge.  Back then I had a lot to say about Down syndrome and our crazy life.  I guess I still have lots to say about our crazy life but not so much about Down syndrome.   One thing I continue to do is strive to always be honest.  No matter the issue or thoughts I try to share my journey in a real and honest way.  I find that honesty is what draws me to the blogs I like to read.  I don't need a fairy tale or a pretty picture I much prefer real and honest.  So I hope you come back often to share in this adventure.  I hope you come back to learn more about Down syndrome and share in the hysterically wonderful life that we live with Hurricane Riley and his Big Brother Rex. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking forward to the 31 for 21!Bring it on. For my part, I will do my best to leave a comment every day. ( ;

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from those that stop by. If you don't have a blogger account just choose Anonymous - but don't forget to leave your name in the text of your comment.