Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Official Sponsor of Birthday.....We are having a party!!!

Danita of The Ruff Life is helping me with a a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. If you haven't checked out Danita's blog you should.  She is super creative.  I'm hoping my cards turn out half as cute as these demo cards below.   We would love for all of you to join us.  If you live in the Spokane, WA area check out the Evite and come join in the fun!  If you don't live in the area but want to play along you can make a donation by clicking on the Relay for Life button on the side of my blog.  Once you have made a donation to my team shoot me an email with your mailing address and I'll mail your cards. 

















Last year the Relay in Davenport was great.  My mom was the co-chair and she is again this year.  Just in case you forgot how much fun we had here is a reminder. 





Lately it has felt a bit like every time I turn around a family member or friend has a new cancer story to tell me.  I am tired of it and it is time to fight back.  This year's Relay  has special meaning to my family as my cousin Doug takes up the fight a second time, as if the first wasn't enough.  My friend Lora's dad is battling pacreatic cancer in North Dakota and the list goes on and on.    Even though I work for the American Cancer Society I still feel like my ability to fight this terrible disease is limited.  One thing I can do is join the ranks of Relayers around the world that are raising money to fund the research that will one day stop the insanity of cancer.  Please join me in taking up this fight.

1 comment:

  1. those cards are so beautiful. what a great cause. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from those that stop by. If you don't have a blogger account just choose Anonymous - but don't forget to leave your name in the text of your comment.